Monday, February 7, 2011

Sunday School Teachers and stuff.....

I have a friend named Lanie. She was Carter's Sunday School teacher. Carter called her 'mommy's pretty friend that teaches me in sunday school'. He loved her. Lanie and I would email from time to time about funny things Carter said about Sunday School. She and I became good friends.

At Carter's memorial service, I don't remember much of anything. I don't remember who attended. I don't remember who I hugged. I don't remember who said 'God bless you'. I don't remember. But.....i do remember Lanie. In the mass of hundreds of people, I looked up as I walked out and I made eye contact with her. I saw her eyes filled with tears and I remember.

Later in the week I would find a bible in my mailbox. It was a pretty bible with a sweet inscription inside from Lanie reading 'I love you sweet friend'. It would take a day or two for me to pick up the bible and look inside. I would find that Lanie had highlighted and paper clipped verses of hope, healing, love, and loss though out the ENTER bible. I have read each verse she highlighted. I have cried over each paper clipped page. I have felt comforted, not only by the Word but by my friend's thoughtfulness, her tender heart, her strength.

Now Lanie needs my prayers. She needs the same words she gave me about strength, faith, hope, love, healing.

You see....Lanie's son, born February 3....is hurt. His heart and lungs aren't working. He's really sick. Elliott, Lanie's son, is in Dallas, at Children's hospital.

In the same hospital where Carter lost his life, Elliott is fighting for his.

I have struggled with my faith. I have been angry at God. I have felt cheated by God....but now, at this very moment, I know that God can move mountains. I know that I can pray and pray and pray some more that baby Elliott feel Carter's loving arms wrapped around him. I want Elliott to live and be healthy....not only because I love his family, but also for selfish reasons. I need Elliott to be ok so I know that Carter had a hand in his healing. I want this only small life, Elliott's, to matter. I want Elliott to grow to be big and strong. I want to watch him play....and one day....

I want to be Elliott's Sunday School teacher.


Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and so incredibly touching-I am praying along side of u and others...still prayin' 'cause that's all I know to do. -roni

msprimadonna67 said...

What a beautiful gesture from her--continuing to keep you in my prayers, and Elliot and his family as well.

Anonymous said...

Love it Paige .. I agree with Rob, I love to read your words....praying for your friend and her sweet baby. ~ Erin

ginger said...

Both of you ladies are inspirational to me! I only hope I can be as strong as you when I face life's struggles and tragedies. Thank you for sharing your heart and reminding me to cherish even the smallest things in life.

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful words. I will pray for Carter and baby Elliot. God works miracles each day. Paige...you are an inspiration to me.

Pia said...

Oh Paige! Your words make me shiver once again. Where do you get your strength from. I guess because you are so loved! Praying for you and Elliot. Love Pia

Oslyn said...

Paige, you have once again touched me! I too will pray for Elliot! I think that Carter's sweet spirit will help to save his life!

Morgan said...

I will pray!! I'm so sorry your friend has to go through this. May god be with both you and your family!!